The EU “Clean Energy Package” introduced “active consumers” as prosumers and their rights to produce, sell and share their own electricity in “Renewable Energy Communities” (RECs).
Currently, EU Member States are transposing the new rules (RED II & IEMD) into national law. The national rules differ widely especially regarding the “enabling framework” for RECs and the economic conditions for energy/electricity sharing.
In this light, the conference will tackle four main topics:
- What lessons can be drawn from the SCORE pilots and follower city projects - especially for municipalities?
- How can individual consumers be encouraged to become prosumers and engage in energy efficiency?
- What opportunities and synergies can energy / electricity sharing provide for RECs?
- What business opportunitiescan they provide for professional actors from the energy sector?
As of now, the event will be held in a digital format due to the uncertainty of the development of the COVID pandemic. It will take place via Zoom on Wednesday 17 November from 2 to 6 PM and on Thursday 18 November from 10 AM to 2 PM.
Speakers of our invited round table discussion (live) are:
- Dr Dörte Fouqet - Director of European Renewable Energies Federation EREF
- Prof Patrizia Lombardi - Vice-Rector of the Politecnico di Torino
- Jutta Paulus - Member of the European Parliament for the Greens/EFA (tbc.)
- Vincent Berruto - DG ENER, Deputy Director-General, Coordination Just & Green Energy Transition (tbc.)
- Prof Domenico Villacci - President of the Italian Interuniversity Consortium EnSiEL.
We remain at your disposal for any questions or queries. Please feel free to contact the SCORE project leader Prof Lowitzsch of the Viadrina University.
Conference Flyer available for download (PDF, 290 kB)